Windows defender is an antivirus, and it is not a perfect tool for all Windows versions. In some specific scenarios, when Windows does not verify a particular file due to decent hardware or software installation, it means the Windows defender error 577 is in your way. It leaves the windows defender unusable, and your system remains uncovered. What is Windows Defender Error 577, and how to avoid it? Uncover the facts in this article.
The system warns the user through its Security and Maintenance option that the antivirus is no longer protected. Even if you try to turn the protection on, the button doesn’t work. And this is the point where the user gives up and goes for a throw party help. And it is the ultimate source of welcoming error 577. A group policy setting may also make the Windows defender unusable. Let’s learn the fixes for this issue in the details below.
What is Windows Defender Error 577?
The Windows Defender Error 577 is a constraint that doesn’t allow your PC to perform smoothly. It takes birth when you install a third-party antivirus program. A corrupt file with malfunctioning material can play havoc with the windows. Getting software and programs from unknown sources is risky, and being a rational user, you should avoid this factor to make your PC last long.
Causes of Windows Defender Error 577
When finding the reasons behind error 577, one of the biggest is downloading the antivirus from unknown sources. A third-party program can also be damaging. Malicious software containing malfunctioning content can also play disastrously inside your PC. I’ll share everything you need to know about the Windows 10 defender error 577, and the best thing is multiple fixes for the issue you find below.
Top 3 Fixes for Windows Defender Error 577
The Windows Defender Error 577 is irritating when it doesn’t let you verify a file you want to. It restricts the way of verification because of some unknown glitches that you get accidentally along with malicious software. Moreover, you can solve the error 577 overclocking controllers by disabling secure boot. You can do it by making changes in the Registry. Before I tell you solutions one after the other, you can learn how to fix windows 10 update error 80072ee2.
1) Uninstall Third Party Antivirus Program
It would help if you uninstalled the third-party antivirus to disable the security suite with all the protocols. Running Windows defender can help you in the process. It will automatically activate the windows system to start the built in antivirus. Let’s follow the guide below to avoid windows defender showing error 577.
- You need to open the Run box first
- Now you should enter the appwiz.cpl and press enter
- Now you need to open the Programs and Features tab
- Here you need to find the third-party software key and make it uninstall
- Now you need to restart the PC and check if the error 577 has gone out of sight by trying to run windows defender.
It is how you can avoid error 577, and if you still get the error and it doesn’t leave your PC alone, you need to get the specialized uninstaller for the 3rd part program. It will help you remove the external thrift party security suite. You can also give a try to the solutions I have explained below.
2) Edit the Registry Key Settings
Editing the registry key settings is a sin play way to avoid error 577. The registry key works with windows defender; you need to make changes. It is one of the easiest and simplest ways to prevent this error. The quick guidelines are easy to follow; let’s look.
- You need to press key R and the Windows key together
- After opening the Run Box, type re-edit into that
- Now you need to hit the Ctrl + Shift + Enter and the registry editor will be opened
- You also need to run it as an Administrator
- Navigate to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows Defender
- After opening it, you need to disable the AntiSpyware
- You also need to change the data from 0 to 1
- Now you need to double-click on Disable Antivirus
- Change the value from 0 to 1
- Now double-click on the MSASCui.exe to Windows Defender
This solution will help you solve the difficulty quickly. Moreover, if it still doesn’t remove, you can try editing the registry key. Here is the quick guide below.
3) System Restore Point
If you do not find any results from the fixes above, you have the extreme option of a system restore point. Usually, Malware applications have enough strength to damage windows defenders. How to fix error 577: windows defender, let’s follow the instructions below.
- You need to open the Run box
- Now type rstrui into that box and press Enter
- Now you will enter the System Restore window and look for Show more restore points
- Dated before you started getting issues, pick any restore point before that time and press the next button
- Now hit the Finish, and now restart the PC
- It will take a few minutes and you will find Windows defender is all set to work smoothly
Windows Defender Error 577 is a triggering element for the users, and it doesn’t allow your PC to work correctly. When you install third-party antivirus on your system, there is a high time for this error. So, to avoid such nuisance, you can prevent third-party programs on priority. Moreover, making changes in the registry and using the system restore points can help your PC to get out of this hell. Anyways the fixes are easy to follow and don’t take much time. You can apply to anyone from the above that fits your system.Final Thoughts:
You can take multiple measures to do this Job. You can update the operating system and the rest of windows security protocols, make changes to the registry key, run a clean boot, and most importantly, you need to ensure that the third-party antivirus software is turned off.
The accuracy of Windows Defender depends on Microsoft updates. However, compared to Norton, the performance could be better by 2%. The detection rate is 100% with Norton and 98% with Windows Defender. Lack of updates by Microsoft, Windows cannot handle the advanced threats and risks.