What is task host window 10? It is a question most users ask, and through this article, I’ll uncover all the aspects. I’ll share all the possible reasons to push this issue forward, and I’ll also tell you the fixes. When unsaved data is running in the background, or a program is in the installation process but still needs to be done with the process thoroughly and try to shut down the PC, the task host won’t allow you to do so.
Sometimes it is the system setting, such as fast startup, which can also add to the issue. So, you need to know the diversity of pushers; after doing so, you can handle the problem with precision and perfection. Another thing that you need to clear at the earliest is that it is a window program, not a malfunction or any virus. So, be relaxed, it won’t damage the system, but you need to take some remedies to avoid this monotonous trouble.
What is Task Host Window When Shutting Down?
The task host window is a program that doesn’t allow you to turn your PC off for various reasons. It can be issues of corrupt windows files, images, editor software running in the background, third-party antivirus, and more. It doesn’t damage your PC but irritates and causes anxiety by keeping your eye on the screen by not letting you shut down.
Why Does the Task Host Window Prevent A Windows Shutdown?
If the task host window is stopping background tasks windows 10, you need to learn the reasons first. No, it is not if you think it is a virus or things like that. Some technical details can cause this problem. Let’s dive in.
1) Windows Files Running in the Background
If you need to update the windows and reinstall the new one, the chances of the task host windows will increase. The problem will occur, and you must get the troubleshooter on board. And if you get the Windows update file from proxy sources, the chances of the situation will change in certainty.
2) Corrupt Windows Update
If you install windows, but the files you get are corrupted, the problem will indeed occur. Sometimes, the windows update gets corrupted due to some unavoidable reasons. So, you need to uninstall the destructive files, and some techniques can help you fix the issue.
3) Enabling Antivirus
Another potential reason that pushes this problem forward is enabling third-party antivirus. The task host window virus must be disabled immediately, or it will stay longer.
4) Editor Software Running
When you have unsaved data on a notepad file or any other editor software running but not closed, you may get this error instantly. Now, we’ll look at the solutions to avoid this error.
How Do I Get Rid of Task Host Window?
Before going for any extreme-level fix, you can follow basic instructions: close the running applications and programs behind the Background. Let’s not make it wait anymore; grab the first fix right away.
1) Turning Off Start-Up
It is a process that saves the running and unsaved data by creating a file. Here is how you can follow the steps below.
- Get access to the start menu and type the control panel
- Open it right away
- Now hit the tab Choose What the Power Button Does
- Click on the Change Settings That Are Currently Unavailable
- Now you need to uncheck the Fast Startup
- You are good to save changes now
Now restart your PC and check if the issue has gone out of sight.
2) Close Running Applications
The essential guide is to close running files; there is no complicated procedure. Follow the steps below.
- First, press the Ctrl+Shift+Enter and open the task manager
- Now select your work, or the notepad you need to close
- After doing so, shut your PC off and turn it on again
3) Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter
While installing a window update, you need to be careful, and it can push this issue very firmly. Let’s learn how to run windows update troubleshooting.
- In the start menu, type settings and open them
- Find out Updates & Security
- Now you need to hit the troubleshooter
- Now select the Windows Update Troubleshooter and run it
After doing so, you need to restart your PC and check if the error has gone through.
4) Clear the Software Distribution Folder/File
Clearing the software distribution folder is one of the most excellent remedies. Let’s look at how it works.
- You need to open the Command Prompt
- Click on Run as Administrator
- Now type net stop wuauserv
- Now launch the Run program
- Now type C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution and press ok
- Select the files and delete them
- After deletion, run the windows update
- Now restart the PC
5) Run DISM Commands
The DISM stands for Deployment Image Servicing and Management. Let’s learn how to run it to solve this issue.
- Open Command Prompt
- Click on Run as Administrator
- Type this DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth and press enter
- Once it finishes, you can restart your PC
6) Turning off Antivirus
Any third-party antivirus is a potential risk, and it causes the task host windows to error the most. Let’s find out how to turn off the antivirus running in the background.
- From the bottom right, click on the up arrow
- Now right-click on the third part antivirus
- Now you need to choose Disable For 10 Minutes
Once it is done, restart the and check if the issue is not there. Including this one, the other five solutions can get you the best cover to avoid task host window errors.
It is not. It is not malfunctioning but a program. However, an error needs to be solved as soon as possible. If it continues, it can cause any other malfunction, and you may have to pay for that. It would help if you closed the programs running behind the background, and things will be ok.
You can avoid this error from frequently occurring, but not 100%. Sometimes it is a corrupt window update, a corrupted image, unsaved data on a notepad, and other reasons. Keep windows updated, try not to run multiple files simultaneously, disable antivirus and third-party software, and other remedies to avoid this irritating error.
What is task host Window 10? I hope you can answer this question yourself now. When your PC doesn’t shut down after getting commanders to programs running in the background, it seems so irritating. To avoid such annoying issues and save time, you need to keep clearing the programs in the background. Do try to protect data that is unsaved. If you take these remedial measures routinely, you can avoid this issue for a long time.Final Thoughts