The BIOS provides you with the most important details about your computer. Numerous fundamental computer settings, including the boot order, system time and date, and activated hardware components, can be modified inside the BIOS.
You should occasionally update your PC BIOS to address issues and enhance security, performance, and hardware compatibility. If you use ASRock motherboards or computers, you ought to be able to upgrade the ASRock BIOS. Let’s explore how to update ASRock BIOS.
Why Do You Need to Update BIOS?
Updates to the BIOS can correct faults with the hardware or offer compatibility for new devices, but they often don’t increase performance. If your PC is operating normally, motherboard makers advise against replacing your motherboard.
Updating your BIOS carries risks, such as corruption if power is interrupted during the brief update or a crash occurs. Additionally, updating BIOS settings to their initial state could affect system stability.
Here are a few explanations for updating the BIOS:
Compatibility: Updates increase compatibility and let you use new hardware, such as recently released CPUs, storage devices, and memory
Stability: Stability raises with an update. It is acceptable if your motherboard is the source of system crashes that you’re encountering.
Optional Components: Updates make optional hardware features, like Resizable BAR on graphics cards, available.
Security: A patch fixes security weaknesses that have recently come to light.
Download The Right BIOS Update File
It would help if you verified the model of your motherboard and the BIOS version before beginning the ASRock BIOS update. After that, you may choose which ASRock BIOS download.
You can access the System Information tool by pressing the Windows key + R, typing msinfo32, and then pressing Enter to view the motherboard model and BIOS version. With this utility, you can look up information about the system model and BIOS version.
You can check the motherboard model and BIOS version using methods other than the one mentioned above. For instance, you can use CPU-Z to examine these details or enter firmware (BIOS/UEFI) to check BIOS Version information.
Go to the ASRock website, select Support > BIOS, and select the motherboard based on the model. There are ASRock BIOS update files.
What Key Should I Press to Enter Setup?
It depends on your hardware, as you may have already deduced. It largely relies on the motherboard that the BIOS house on.
F1, F2, F10, Delete, Esc, and key combinations like Ctrl + Alt + Esc or Ctrl + Alt + Delete are used to access the BIOS. However, they are more prevalent on older computers. Also, remember that a key like F10 may start another program, such as the boot menu. Of course, the precise key or key combination depends on the maker and type of your computer.
What is the ASRock bios key? You’ll know if you have an ASRock motherboard since the logo on your boot screen is impossible to miss. Try F2 or Delete to access the ASRock BIOS boot menu.
When Should You Need to Update BIOS?
Updating your BIOS bears a little bit more risk than other software upgrades because it is necessary for your PC to function. If a BIOS update goes wrong, your motherboard can cease functioning properly, which might prevent your computer from starting as it should. As a result, always follow the manufacturer’s instructions for updating your BIOS.
If the ASRock bios update not working, then you face bugs in your computer or some software patches. You shouldn’t need to update your BIOS all that frequently unless you have a compelling cause to do so. These upgrades are trickier and riskier than updating Windows or your web browser.
How To Update ASRock BIOS? (3 Quick Ways)
ASRock offers three different types of BIOS update files. It’s incredibly simple to use. However, you often only need to download the Windows version of the ASRock BIOS update file. Then follow these instructions to upgrade the ASRock BIOS:
Power should not turn off during BIOS updates. Otherwise, the computer won’t start.
1) How to Install New BIOS
- Shut down each program.
- You can find the BIOSfilename.exe file by unzipping the downloaded BIOS file.
- Run as administrator by selecting the BIOSfilename.exe file from the context menu.
- You need to restart the system before updating the BIOS; do you wish to restart now? It prompts with a dialogue icon. Select Yes.
- Hold off until the BIOS upgrade procedure is complete. “Press Enter” will appear.
- To restart, please press Enter.
- Press F2 to launch the BIOS setup application during bootup once the system has restarted. Please choose Load Default Settings from the Exit menu before pressing Enter to proceed.
- The BIOS setup program can be closed by selecting Exit Saving Changes and pressing Enter.
- The updated BIOS is now booting up the system.
2) How to Update BIOS With ROM File
If your computer stops booting, you can update ASRock BIOS using the Instant Flash or DOS versions. Please follow the instructions below to upgrade your BIOS using the Instant Flash version:
- Download and extract the ASRock BIOS update Rom file for the Instant Flash version on a computer operating normally.
- Save the BIOS files on a USB device with the FAT32 file system.
- Place the USB disc in the PC that requires a BIOS upgrade.
- Press F2 to access the BIOS setup menu.
- To use the Instant Flash tool, choose it from the Tool menu.
- Only those BIOS versions compatible with your motherboard will be listed by ASRock Instant Flash, automatically detecting all devices. To flash the BIOS, pick the appropriate version and click Yes.
- Reboot the computer to load the default settings.
- If using the DOS version, you want to update the ASRock BIOS, you should:
- Make a bootable USB pen drive for your computer.
- The ASRock BIOS update file should be downloaded, extracted, and put into the bootable pen drive.
- Start the computer from the USB drive.
- Type BIOSfile.exe at the A: prompt, then hit Enter. The application will find the model’s name, as you can see. Please press any key to restart after finishing.
- A system restart will trigger an automatic BIOS update. Once the BIOS updates, load the default settings.
How to Install Waterblock To Cool The GPU?
3) ASRock BIOS Update Windows 10
Computers now boot up in front of our eyes in seconds thanks to technological advances. It limits the space for pressing hotkeys and may confound users attempting to access their BIOS settings. If a PC user misses the brief window to activate their hotkey, they can enter BIOS through their computer’s settings.
- Open your Windows settings.
- Navigate to the left side of your Windows start menu and select Settings. You may also access your Windows settings using the Windows shortcut keys Windows + I.
- Choose Update & security.
- You might need to scroll down to find the Update & security button in this window.
- Choose Recovery.
- Afterward, select Restart now.
- You’ll see a Restart immediately button under Advanced startup that enables you to restart your computer for configuration or restoration.
- You will present a special menu after your computer restarts, where you may choose to use a device, Continue, Turn off your PC, or Troubleshoot.
- Select Advanced options, then select UEFI Firmware Settings. Your Windows 10 computer will now be able to boot into BIOS.
- Restart the computer.
These techniques will also function with Windows 8.1 or 8 of those operating systems.
6 Steps To Fix Red Light on a Motherboard
How To Use ASRock BIOS FlashBack?
The ASRock BIOS Flashback feature lets you update the BIOS without turning on the computer or the CPU.
- To download the correct BIOS file for your ASRock motherboard, visit the ASRock website (please find the BIOS file according to the motherboard model).
- After unzipping the BIOS file, you will find two files (.CAP file and a BIOSRenamer tool).
- Click the BIOSRenamer twice. The BIOS file will be renamed automatically (.CAP).
- Press any key to close the BIOSRenamer window once the renaming procedure must finish.
- Place the renamed BIOS file (.CAP) on the USB flash drive’s root directory.
- Ensure the computer turn off, and the power supply is attached.
- When the FlashBack LED blinks three times, the BIOS FlashBack function is activated. To use it, connect the USB flash drive to the USB FlashBack port and push the BIOS FlashBack button for three seconds.
- As soon as the light stops flashing, the BIOS update procedure is over.
How To Update ASrock BIOS Without USB?
A USB or flash device is not required to update the BIOS. Download, extract, and run the file. You don’t often need to extract because it arrives as a zip file, like with ASRock. When AC power is available, run as administrator and wait for the procedure to finish.