Modern monitors usually do not have built-in audio solutions. Not all, but very few, are there to get you built-in audio results. You have touched down on the right page if you want audio output without attaining built-in speakers with your monitor. I’ll uncover the simplest ways to let you learn How to get sound from a monitor without speakers. The topic seems interesting.
Getting audio output without paying a single penny for external or internal speakers is tricky. Modern gaming protocols are high, and you bring joy beyond expectations. However, more than a good-quality video is needed; excellent premium audio is also inevitable. In this blog post, you will find multiple ways to get audio without speakers. Moreover, first, you need to learn whether your monitor has built-in speakers. Let’s begin the show right now.
Check If Your Monitor has Built-in Speakers
It is not a rational approach to go through the process of getting sound without speakers without figuring out whether the monitor has speakers or not. You need to apply two different checks when you intend to learn how to get sound from a monitor without speakers. You will also learn how to connect speakers to the monitor without an audio jack and other modes. Let’s dive into the details.
- The first and straightforward way is to access the manufacturer’s website and select the relaxant monitor to check its technical details. Here you will find whether the monitor has built-in speakers or not
- Another way is to check if your monitor has a 3.5mm audio jack built-in. The audio input jack is different from the audio output jack. So, if your monitor offers audio output, it has speakers, and vice versa.
These are the two ways to gauge whether your monitor has speakers, and you need to apply both checks before going for harsh treatments to get the audio output without speakers. Let’s dive in.
5 Best Ways to Get Audio Without Built-in Speakers
If you are asking if my monitor does not have audio output and you have checked that out physically, didn’t find the audio jack, and the website tells you the same story, you need to go through the phases below.
1) Using Optical Out Connection
If you study the gaming community, you would love to learn that gamers who use PS4 and Xbox prefer to have an optical out connection. They can connect the monitor, speakers, or audio devices on board, which is one of the best methods to get audio output effortlessly. You need to follow a few points in a sequence and nothing else, so let’s look at the instructions.
- You need to connect the optical cable to the monitor first
- And now the other end of the optical cable needs to connect with the device
- If you want to take things up for the ultimate immersive sound experience, you can also connect the optical cable to a receiver
- You are ready to connect headphones to the mixamp
- You are good to enjoy the best audio output
This technique will work for you, and if you don’t get the desired kick, you can find the solution from the rest of the options below. Before you approach them, you can learn about why does my monitor keep going to sleep.
2) Using 3.5mm Audio Output
Getting external speakers on the monitor is relatively easy if your monitor has 3.5 mm Audio out. It allows you to connect a pair of speakers, and the 3.5mm input also needs smooth connectivity. Let’s learn how to do it correctly.
- You need to arrange sets of male-to-male cables
- You also need to get an audio splitter
- Now you need to connect the 3.5mm cables to the speakers
- And then connect the need of the cable to the female end of the splitter
- In the same way, you need to connect the male end of the splitter to the monitor
- It is how you get the sound without built-in speakers
I hope you got the answer for how to get sound from a monitor without speakers. If it doesn’t work well or seems difficult to manage, you can look for another solution.
3) Use An HDMI Audio Option
Using an HDMI audio extractor is one of the finest tools most gamers and enthusiasts opt for. An HDMI extractor helps you connect with the audio device, allowing it to grab audio from the extractor. No matter if you have a sound system, soundbar, or speakers, the extractor welcomes all these devices easily. However, you must ensure that the extractor can support only one HDMI audio device. The process given below is easy to follow.
- You need to connect the HDMI output source to the input of the audio extractor
- And now connect the speakers with the relevant extractor
- If the speaker has an AUX input, you need to arrange an AUX cable
- If using headphones, you only need to connect the AUX cable to the extractor
- After doing all this, you will find a good setup to enjoy
- You are free to enjoy nonstop music 24/7 without attaining built-in speakers with your monitor
How to get audio on a monitor without speakers? Is it a question until now? I hope so; it is not anymore. You need to check out the hacks below if it is still there.
4) For Consoles Using Component or RGB Cables
If using the console for gaming, you have the best option to use RGB cables for audio output. It is the best technique to achieve the highest quality sound. Here is the complete guide on how it supplies audio to the right and left connections. Let’s take a look below.
- You need to connect the AV multi-out to the cable
- Now connect the speakers using the left and right channels
- Now you need to gauge the type of jack your soaker uses. If it is 3.5, you need to arrange 3.5mm male and vice versa
- Now you need to customize settings as you need them on the monitor
- You have done pretty much good to enjoy unstoppable music and audio files with premium quality sound
5) Using Wireless Connectivity
Lastly, here I present the wireless connectivity option. Bluetooth technology has made things easier in his era, and it gets you rid of long wires and, ultimately, it gets you smooth connectivity. Nowadays, speakers have wireless connectivity options as well. It doesn’t ask for any detailed guide to follow, all you need to do is to pair the blue tooth device to your system, and you are good to go.
Let’s follow the guide below if you want to get sound from a monitor without speakers using Bluetooth technology.
- You need to turn on the Bluetooth device and do ensure that the technology is on to find a pair
- Get access to your and open the settings
- Now find out the option Devices
- Select Bluetooth and other devices
- And now find out the device you turned on before and press ok
- It is how simply you can get connectivity of the speakers with your monitor easily
These are the best five hacks to use if your monitor doesn’t offer built-in speakers. I hope you have enjoyed the teasing so far, and now we’ll be wrapping up the topic with some final thoughts. However, before we wrap up, the Xbox one and Ss series monitors do not have an Optical out option.
So, if you wonder how to get sound from Xbox One to monitor without speakers, you need to arrange headphones or speakers to get the advantage of unbreakable sound. I tried my best to give you multiple answers to the question of how to get sound if the monitor has no speakers, and if you have read the data above, you can solve the riddle without help from an expert.
Whether you have an Xbox series or S series monitor, you won’t get anything about optical out. You will have to think of other options like headphones or speakers, and you will surely get help getting sound smoothly without built-in speakers.
The answer is a big yes. You can get sound from a monitor if you get built-in speakers. The sound quality may vary from device to device, mainly depending on the quality of the speakers. However, if you do not get built-in audio solutions, you can try any of the hacks above.
Wrap Up: How to get sound from a monitor without speakers? The answer has multiple aspects. You can get headphones, speakers, or other audio devices to attach to your monitor. You can choose any of the above methods to create an errorless connection. Nowadays, wireless connectivity and HDMI cable options are the most popular and valuable. There is no need to ask anyone, and you don't need to hire an expert to make the connection possible if you have read the data above well.